If you are interested in being considered for or learning more about the following employment opportunities, please follow the specific instructions for submitting resumes and other material. Should you be unable to utilize our online applicant tracking system, ES3 ensures that you will be provided reasonable accommodations to make application in a suitable manner. We at ES3 greatly appreciate applicants who submit well-written, comprehensive, and well-formatted material. ES3 is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. ES3 regrets that we cannot support telephone or walk-in inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
Aircraft Technician / Sheet Metal Mechanic – Warner Robins, GA (Full-Time )
Responsible for day-to-day operational project activities and aircraft maintenance technician tasks for aircraft repair and overhaul. Perform maintenance repair and overhaul of aircraft components, primarily C-5. Perform repair and overhaul processing tasks, including but not limited to sheet metal fabrication, paint/depaint, CPC application, welding, waterjet, thermal spray (such as cold spray), etc. Responsible for on-time delivery to customers executing production schedules as well as communicating with operators, management, and engineering. Perform specialized Technician duties to include hands on aircraft maintenance and operating machinery. Work with Engineering and Technicians to identify and establish process improvements, cost reductions, time standards, technical manuals and repair and overhaul of aircraft and their components, including avionics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accomplish repair and overhaul (airframe and powerplant disciplines) aircraft technician activities related to U.S. Air Force, Navy and Army aircraft, including vertical lift aircraft. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to fabricate, assemble, and install prototype equipment on a large variety of aircraft, ranging from single-engine airplanes to complex, multi-engine turbojets, and helicopters.
- Must be familiar with military technical manuals, technical orders, modification work orders and blueprints.
- Must have ability to make repair and modifications to existing airframes.
- Coordinates with project engineer personnel throughout the project, and provide technical assistance to project engineers, contractors, and factory representatives.
- Must perform sheet metal and composite repairs to a variety of aircraft, possess an in-depth knowledge of sheet metal materials and repair techniques.
- Must use tools and equipment associated with a sheet metal shop, such as protractors, calipers, pitch gauges, crimping tools/machines, forming machines, gas and heli-arc welding machines, lathes, milling machines, saws, and drilling presses.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and rudimentary drawings.
- May be required to accompany aircraft on project flights away from the work site and perform aircraft maintenance at various locations.
- Must be willing to cross train and work in electroplating, thermal spray (HVOF and cold spray, painting, abrasive blast, laser, and waterjet operations, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with customer levels and all management levels
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, possess excellent organizational skills, and be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Word).
Education and Experience Required/Preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Aircraft Maintenance, Sheet Metal school or equivalent
- Entry level to 20 years of experience in aircraft repair and overhaul. C-5, C-130, F-15 and H-60 experience a plus
- Electrical and Avionics experience a plus
- Aircraft composites and metal bond repair experience is a plus.
- Aircraft prime and paint experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- CNC mill and lathe machinist and programming experience is a plus.
- Electroplating experience is a plus.
- Aircraft component inspection and Non Destructive Testing (MPI, FPI, etc.) level 2 or 3 certification is a plus.
- A&P license is a plus
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible to obtain USAF Security Clearance (active DoD security clearance is a plus)
ES3 offers an environment that is both enriching and rewarding. An exceptional benefits program is offered which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurances
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HAS)
- Paid-Time-Off, Holiday (for use and cash out)
- Generous 401K retirement plan with Employer Matching
ES3 is an Equal Opportunity/AA/Male/Female/Disability/Veteran Employer