If you are interested in being considered for or learning more about the following employment opportunities, please follow the specific instructions for submitting resumes and other material. Should you be unable to utilize our online applicant tracking system, ES3 ensures that you will be provided reasonable accommodations to make application in a suitable manner. We at ES3 greatly appreciate applicants who submit well-written, comprehensive, and well-formatted material. ES3 is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. ES3 regrets that we cannot support telephone or walk-in inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
Grinding Specialist – Clearfield, UT (Full-Time )
ES3 is currently recruiting a Grinding Specialist to support multiple programs and long-term growth at our Materials Research and Development Center (MRDC) located in Clearfield, Utah. The position requires the candidate to be an expert of setting up, programming, and operating manual and CNC grinders. The position requires the candidate be able to grind different types of base metals and hard coatings. The successful candidate will have knowledge of GD&T requirements and is comfortable working in an ISO9001:2015/AS9100D environment. ES3 rewards staff members who are responsible, professional and have an excellent work ethic.
Education and Experience Required
- High School Diploma and previous onsite job training, Technical Programs or Certifications of Technical Training
- 10+ years of experience with grinding and machine tool operations. Trade school or specific education can be contributed towards the 2 years required experience
- Fully proficient setting up, programming, and operating Studer OD grinders or equivalent
- Extensive experience using dead and live centers, ID mandrels/collets, and bucking chucks
- Ability to set up machine and adjusting for taper, runout, total indicator runout, and concentricity.
- Experience with operating manual and CNC surface grinders
- Expert on utilizing precision measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, height gauges, and profilometers
- Experience grinding high strength steel, stainless steels as well as hard chrome, and Tungsten Carbide coatings. Operator must have experience using aluminum oxide, silicon carbide, and diamond wheels.
- Belt grind experience is a plus
- Fully proficient to hold tolerances of +/- 0.0005” and 4 Ra or better surface finish.
- Superfinish experience for hard coatings desired and an understanding of Ra, Rz, Rp, Rmr, Tp, and Rsk values
- ID honing experience is a plus
- Experience with manual and/or CNC mills and lathes desired.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, adhere to written procedures and experience with ISO/AS9100 requirements, standards, and compliance issues
- Must have extensive knowledge of engineering prints including geometric dimensioning and tolerances
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow a pre-established fabrication sequence to fabricate parts to close tolerance specifications in a timely manner
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of staff, customers, and government representatives
- Excels in a team environment
- High motivation for excellence
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work
ES3 Manufacturing facility is an ISO9001 and AS9100D certified shop. We maintain a professional clean working environment for all our employees. All tools, fixturing, and equipment necessary to complete tasks are provided by the company. The buildings have recently been renovated with LED lighting, heating, and central air conditioning. We desire an employee that works well with others and provides an exceptional finished product for our customers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Thursday 9-hour days, every other Friday off, 8 hours on the working Friday. General working hours are 6 AM – 3:30 PM.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- A programming test will be required prior to being hired
ES3 can offer an environment that is both enriching and rewarding. ES3 offers an exceptional benefits program including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Reimbursement Account
- Health Savings Account
- Competitive Paid-Time-Off accrual
- Holiday Pay
- A generous matching 401K plan with up to 6% match and up to 2% profit sharing.
ES3 has a culture of helping our employees retire with dignity. From our experience, employees who participate in our company retirement plan are more engaged in our company than employees who do not. Thus, we try to partner with employees who reinforce our company culture. Please visit our website at www.es3inc.com to learn more about us.
To be considered for this position: Click Here to Apply