If you are interested in being considered for or learning more about the following employment opportunities, please follow the specific instructions for submitting resumes and other material. Should you be unable to utilize our online applicant tracking system, ES3 ensures that you will be provided reasonable accommodations to make application in a suitable manner. We at ES3 greatly appreciate applicants who submit well-written, comprehensive, and well-formatted material. ES3 is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. ES3 regrets that we cannot support telephone or walk-in inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
Mechanical Engineer – San Diego, CA (Full-Time )
ES3 is a socially responsible, high-end engineering firm specializing in (1) the design, test, and fabrication of aircraft components and systems, (2) the repair and overhaul of large aircraft structural components, (3) development of advanced high strength and corrosion resistant coatings, and (4) the application of computational methods for structural dynamic modeling. ES3 has facilities in California, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Utah.
ES3 is currently recruiting an entry level mechanical engineer to support multiple programs in the development of mechanical systems and structural systems. The position requires the candidate to provide accurate and timely mechanical system models for analysis and iterative development. This individual will work closely with senior level engineers, analysts and other project members including suppliers and subcontractors. Candidate must be responsible, professional, and have an excellent work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support lead mechanical engineers in developing mechanical system designs for aerospace and ground support applications.
- Support lead engineer in developing system models for performance simulations.
- Work independently to expand models to include necessary features and assess performance parameters.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Computer-Aided Design: SolidWorks (2D Drawings, Thermal and Structural Analysis), Creo
- Coding: MATLAB, Simulink, Python, Excel, C++
- Some experience in Project Management and Statistical Analysis
- Strong Ability in Technical Writing, Public Speaking, Maintaining Good Organizational Relationships, Statistical Analysis
- Project Skills Experience should include: Material Selection, Item Level Design Reviews (SRR,PDR,CDR), Design/Implementation of Testing Processes, and Troubleshooting
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of ES3 staff, suppliers, subcontractors, team member, commercial customers, and government customers
- Excels in a team environment
- High motivation for excellence
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work
Education & Experience Required
- Mechanical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited school.
- Experience with hands-on Mechanical Engineering design projects a plus.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- A technical interview/test may be required as part of the onsite interview process to demonstrate functional skills.
ES3 corporate office environment where all staff maintain a professional, organized, and clean work space.
ES3 offers an environment that is both enriching and rewarding. Our work environment is productive, fast-paced, and cooperative.
ES3 offers an exceptional benefits program which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurances
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid-Time-Off, Holiday (for use and cash out)
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Matching
ES3 has a culture of prudent fiscal planning at both the corporate and personal level. From our experience, staff members who participate in our company 401(k) savings plan are more engaged in our company than staff members who do not. Thus, we try to partner with individuals who reinforce this culture.
Please visit our website at https://www.es3inc.com to learn more about us.