The ES3 Quality Audit Manager is an individual that has considerable knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) functions within the Aerospace Industry and is very detail oriented. The QA Manager will perform various inspection processes depending on contract and customer requirements. They must have excellent personal skills while interfacing with customers, DCMA and Government representatives. Adaptable to changing work assignments and environments, the QA Manager will convey audit findings to staff and management, administer corrective actions and document and maintain records within the internal Quality Database System. In conducting quality inspections for aircraft components, the QA Manager will certify airworthiness of components during rework and before final delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides input to find process problems and non-compliances
- Convey audit findings to employees and management
- Assists Process Technicians with follow ups on Process/Quality related problems
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and SPC
- Administer Corrective Actions with follow ups to ensure CAR is closed in a timely manner
- Documents audit findings and records within the internal Quality Database System
- Trains and interprets process procedures/work instructions/quality bulletins with departments being audited; provide input on changes and/or updates to work instructions/procedures
- Drives special projects (auditing, training, and/or inspecting) and provide reports to management on findings
- Updates QMS documents when problems are noted or additions needed in conjunction with the Process Technicians.
- Audits the facility to Company Safety standards
- Audits to AS9100, ISO9001, ISO17025 and NADCAP standards
- Conduct quality review of routers and drawings packages
- Conduct quality inspection for aircraft components received, during rework and before final delivery. If required, sign off airworthiness form 8130.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to and enforcing safe work practices and following safety practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Experience in performing process audit and translating process audit results into professional reports
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with customers and all levels of management
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence; ability to effectively communicate and present information
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to interpret graphs
- Experience with aircraft maintenance, part manufacture, technical publications and engineering support is necessary and strongly preferred.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Outlook and Project strongly preferred
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and teamwork in meeting goals and objectives
- Communicates well with leadership, Team members and other departments
Education and Experience Required
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- A&P license’s is required
- IA – Inspection Authorization is required
- 2+ years experience in Quality Internal Audits
- 2+ years experience in interpreting and understanding all aspects of QMS documentation
- 2+ years experience in an AS9100 or ISO9001 production environment
- NADCAP and ISO17025 QA experience is a plus
- Certified QA auditor training is a plus
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
- Ability to travel if required.
ES3 is an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/D/V Employer